Sunday, September 13, 2009

Labor day weekend

Last weekend my Mom and I headed to Salem/Albany for one of my junior high-High school friends weddings. We left Sunday morning and drove in the rain almost the whole way. We were praying that she was not having the wedding outside. well when we showed up sure enough it was an outdoor wedding. We were sent to the reception tent to wait the weather out. It was only about 15 min and the rain stopped and did not rain the rest of the night. Praise God!



The next morning we headed to the state fair. I have not been there since I was a kid. It was nice to spend the day just roaming around and spending the day with my mom. We saw some of the most beautiful cakes Listened to some great music and saw some great rides. We ate some not so good for you fair food including a deep fried Tweenkie. I know it doesn't sound all that good but it was!



This cake was Alice in Wonderland. In the middle was a scene of the tea party that picture didn't turn out very good I guess I tried to get a little to close.




When we finally decided to head home we heard that traffic was HORRIBLE so we decided to take 99 instead of I5. it would have been a lot faster if Mom wouldn't have seen the "Dahlia Farm" sign. We were just going to stop for a min so mom could find out how much they were and buy just a couple. When we got in there we were both amazed by all the different colors. We ended up staying and taking pictures and buying 3 bunches. By the time we got on to the 205 it was an extra hour. But we did get some great pictures with our phones. LOL






This flower was called Pot Sticker, all of the other blossoms were all yellow with the red specks. This one was the only one that was split perfectly in half.

I think this was my favorite picture that I got!

My Beautiful Mommy in the flowers.

1 comment:

Kristie said...

Fun!

The flowers are beautiful! So glad you got to explore them with your mama!

But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners.
Romans 5:8, NL