Saturday, October 6, 2007

Our Animal Adventures....

Last weekend we went to Idaho to Ryans familys for a pig roast I knew going in to the weekend that I would not eat it I had a bad experience with a pig feed when I was like 8 mo pregnant with Nick and will never try it cooked that way. Sunday morning Ryan and his Dad headed out hunting in jordan vally for Robs Buck tag they were planning on stayin until they either got a big one or Friday. On wednesday morning I got a call saying they were on their way home with just a liitle one. Well a little one ended up being a 4X7 nontypical(meaning the J hook on the side) Nick was way in to both animals even though Mom would not let him eat the Pig either.






Pop Rob Digging for the Pig



Just after they pulled the pig out of the hole it had been there for 14 hours and was still only 1/2 cooked

8 comments:

Katie said...

Wow! That's...disgusting! Haha! I'd have to say "no thanks" to that as well! :)

Kristie said...

I would definitely be passing on the pig roast! Very cool antlers on the deer!

Lindsay said...

it really is good... I had roasted pork at Brachers one time... and it was better than I thought it would be for sure.
Anyway... nice hunting pictures!
and the photos Shan took of Nick are AWESOME - what a cute, cute boy!

Stacy said...

They should just let Follett's do their pig! Nothing beats it! Smoked Pig Meat is AWESOME! Love the deer! 4X7, nontypical, that is great! I hope you enjoyed watching your dad this morning!

Dorothy said...

That pig looks gross. GROSS!!

Melissa said...

I would have to pass on the pig. I like mine from the store with out the head attached.

Tiffany said...

Nice buck!! Yeah... i'm not a big fan of the pigs cooked that way either. :o)

Anonymous said...

Good call on not eating the pig.
I think I would be right there with you!

But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners.
Romans 5:8, NL