Monday, April 20, 2009

Letting Him Go

A week ago Ryan's Grandma called and said that she had a frog for Nick. We have frogs in the bathroom so I thought that we would just throw him in with the rest. When we got this frog he was not like the other frogs we have he is huge!!! He lived in the Rubbermaid container on the bathroom counter for a week(I know Gross) On Saturday I finally told Nick that we needed to let him go so he does not die. I told him that we could let him go at Magas pond and he would have a much better chance somewhere he could actually find something to eat. Surprisingly he was ok with that. See we had a similar incident with a turtle a few years back. He named him Franklin and we let him go at Magas pond well Franklin died and so I thought Nick would remember that and not want to let this frog go. Nick did very good but wanted to make sure I got pictures and wanted Maga to listen for him that night.










And just because I love this picture I thought I'd add it. I took this at Magas pond on Sunday. She put the cross there just after my Grandpa died I think like 15 years ago.

8 comments:

Lindsay said...

oh man ... I would have paid big $$ for a frog right about now for my classroom :) Let me know if you find another one :)

Anonymous said...

Cute cute pictures!!!
We have a ton of froggies at our house right now!

Shannon said...

So sweet.

Kristie said...

I cannot believe you kept that big ol' thing on your counter...ewww...

How fun for Nick! What a big boy to understand that he needed to let it go...

Katie said...

You are such a good Mama!! My neighbor tried to give me some turtles a couple of days ago....I did NOT go for it. Maybe you want them?! ;)

Sweet Blessings said...

Little boys and their critters...you are a Good Mama to let the frog stay inside the house! And, the frog looked very happy to be at Maga's pond! What a sweet, adorable post! Hope your week is a GREAT one! Sweet blessings!

Melissa said...

I loved this post! Thanks for giving me a smile!

Kailin said...

How sweet! And I cannot believe how grownup those kiddos are looking these days!

But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners.
Romans 5:8, NL