Friday, February 15, 2008

Sad


February 21, 1930- February 8, 2008
My Friend Jack Chapman Passed away on Feb 8th.
He was like a grandpa to me.
A great man who fought a good fight.
Loved the lord.
I remember staying with him and his wife Billie many times when I was young and my parents were out of town.
I became great friends with his grandchildren (even dated one in high school)
one memory I have very vivid in my mind Sitting in the old broiler room at the High School watching him and Mr. Shaw play cards and smoke. (weird I know)
Billie was one of the first people to show me how to apply blush.
I had one of the hardest deliveries I will probably ever have on Tue. when I took a arrangement over to Billie. I was very thankful that I got to take it to her though.
My mom the kids and I just got back from seeing her again. Please have Billie in your prayers as I know she is being strong now but it is going to be very difficult when all the family leaves and she will be here alone none of her family lives close and she has never lived alone.

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

Oh man... I didn't know that he died.
He truly was a gift to this community. The interactions I had with Jack during the past 10 years were ones I will treasure always.

Thanks for this wonderful tribute to a wonderful man!

Dorothy said...

I didn't realize he had died, either. I also didn't know you had taken flowers to her. Your visits to her and your friendship will be priceless, as will your prayers. I'll be praying for you and your family too, Nicole.

Kristie said...

We miss Jack too!!

He was well loved and a GREAT man!

Jennifer said...

I really liked Mr. Chapman too! I only knew him as a substitute in high school, but he was one of those that was able to make an impression even when it was just for a short period of time. I was sad to hear that he had passed away. It's good to hear that you are able to be there for his wife!

But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners.
Romans 5:8, NL