Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas post






On Christmas Eve the kids and I went to Bownanas to bake sugar cookies something we have done since Nick was 1. They both love to bake.

While we were at bownanas baking Ryan was at home surprising us with this new tree. We had a huge real one that actually took up the whole window but, Boslee decided he was going to use it as the restroom. lets just say we were not so happy with our new dog but we are giving him the benefit of the dought one last time since it was a real tree in the house aren't dogs supposed to pee on trees. Anyway Ryan took down the old one bought the new one redecorated it and cleaned up the mess.

Last year I decided I was going to get us all matching PJ's to open on Christmas Eve. Last year was rather easy I found us all Sock Monkey PJ's and rather early. This year I had the hardest time I could not find ones for all of us that were the same so I decided to make them. Well I didn't actually get them started until Friday the 19th and I don't have a machine so I could only work on them when I could get out of the house with out the kids. My mom actually did all of mine and part of Ryan's I finished them at 5 on Christmas Eve. I guess I'll start in Nov next year.


We had Christmas dinner at our house this year with Ryan's family minus his Grandma she doesn't leave the house in the snow.


One of Nick's favorite gifts was this picture of him on Sassy the horse from the ranch we visited this fall.

Opening stockings we had to wake the kids up again this year at about 7:00 Whitney still didn't want to get up but nick jumped right out of bed. I keep thinking the older they get maybe they will start waking up early like I did as a kid but maybe I will be blessed with kids that will continue to sleep in.

Nick got army men from Ryan's parents so here is all the boys minus big pop playing army in the midst of all the new toys on the floor.

I hope you all had a great Christmas spending time with family. Love to you all.

8 comments:

Lindsay said...

Looks like Christmas was GREAT at your home! :)

Anonymous said...

Looks like so much fun and I love your new tree!!!

Anonymous said...

I love that you all wear matching PJ's! And, even cooler that you made them yourself! They are adorable!
Hope things get better with the dog, that is a bummer, for sure!

Crystal said...

Those PJ's are so special! Cool that you made them! I love that idea.

Kristie said...

The PJs are AWESOME! Bummer on the new dog:(

Glad you had a Merry Christmas!!:)

Shannon said...

Cute PJ's! Looks like it was fun. Good man for getting a new tree.

Katie said...

Oh, BAD DOG!! Seriously, though, kinda can't blame him...I can see how that could be confusing!

The PJ's rock...as do you ;)

Glad you had such a nice time! Love you, friend!

Kailin said...

Love the PJ's!

But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners.
Romans 5:8, NL