Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Reading

An infinite God can give all of Himself to each of His children.
He does not distribute Himself that each may have a part,
but each one he gives all of Himself as fully as if
there were no others.
A.W. Tozer


I just finished reading THE SHACK. I first heard about it on Lindsays blog and then shrotly after that another friend recommended that I read it.
This is a great book It opened my eyes about my relationship with God/Jesus/Holy Spirit. I laughed I cried and I didn't want to put it down. It takes a lot for me to get in to a book but this one did it. I haven't read a book leisurely for about 10 years.
So if anyone is looking for a good book this is it.


an update on my Grandma,
my Mom and I took her to get a stress test to see if her heat would handle the surgery for her arteries and it turns out that there is somthing also wrong with her heart so she may have to have heart surgery before she can have the neck arteries cleared. Please be praying for her and our family. This is really been hard on my mom since she is the only one of her siblings around to help take her to and from the Dr. and pretty much everywhere else because my Grandma cannot drive until all of this is taken care of.

7 comments:

Katie said...

Oh Nicole, so sorry to hear about the complications with your Grandma! I will be praying for her and your family! (hugs)

Anonymous said...

I will be praying for her.

Kailin said...

Ill be praying for her!

I just started The Shack last night!

Lindsay said...

I'm glad you liked it. It's very thought provoking!

Know that your family is being lifted up by many & trust that He will guide your way!

Melissa said...

I have heard about that book. I should get it.

Praying for your grandma!

Crystal said...

BJ read that (got if from Linds) and was very captivated by it too. We had some very lengthy discussions about it and it sounds like a great book!

I'll be praying for your Grandma!

Tiffany said...

Oh my gosh The Shack was one of the best books i've read in a LONG time. Jacob got into it too.

But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners.
Romans 5:8, NL