Thursday, March 13, 2008

Sumbibazo

The lord has definitely been speaking to me.
About a month ago a was going through a rough time wanting to have closer friendships and praying over and over for the lord to help some of my friendships grow. One night as a lay in bed praying He told me that I need to put just as much time and effort in to my relationship with him. (well a couple of weeks before this I had signed up for K-LOVES encouraging word and it never came through) The next morning I got up went to my computer to check my e-mail and there it was. I have gotten it just about every day since I love the way god works I get that one verse and I view it in context and read the verses around it for a while.

I also went to the woman's retreat where our speaker Pam Techner spoke about our relationship with the lord and other women how we need to knitted together and united in LOVE. She used the Greek term sumbibazo. While I still long to have closer relationships with the girl friends in my life I know they really cannot be all they could be unless I have a better relationship with the lord.

4 comments:

Katie said...

Funny...I also posted about Sumbibazo today :) I had a great time with you...love you!

I lost our Suess picture. I had to exchange my phone and forgot to upload the pictures to my computer first :(

See you tomorrow!

Lindsay said...

Great post! It sounds like GOD is at work & doing great things in your heart & soul!!

Enjoy your weekend & continue to be the light you are! :)

Love you friend... and hope we catch up in real life soon!

Kristie said...

glad that you had a great time at retreat! Love that God is speaking to you!!

Crystal said...

What a cool word! I hope I'm saying it right...

I like your expression of your heart, to put your effort into the relationship with Him first... Great advice for me too!

But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners.
Romans 5:8, NL