Thursday, July 24, 2008

Cracked Pot

Yesterday my Mom and I took our friend Jordawn to Troutdale for the day to celebrate her Birthday. We started to day off walking through a couple antique shops and then we were off to Mc Minnimums to the Cracked Pot Art show. It was amazing to see all the different art work it was all made out of recycled items. It took us three hours to walk through all the exibits. If you have not been to Mc Minnimums it is a beautiful place just to walk around and see all the gardens. They have live music everynight. They also have great food, wine tasting and beer. I am actually related to the owners my Great Grandmother was a Mc Minimum.


This Tree was made out of a huge chain and outside faucets handles.


This was just one of my favories this chair was covered with Beer bottle lids.


I took this picture for Nick it was a fire breathing dragon. They had it hooked up to a propane tank and continuous fire was comming out of the nostrils.


Another picture for Nick a horse made out of chains and hubcaps and odds and ends scrap metal.


and last but not least a spider out of gas tanks. the silver thing around it was a giant snake I thought I got a picture of it but I guess not.

After we left here we headed to the outlets for some quick shopping. I grabbed some School clothes for Nick and we were headed home. It was a nice day away and great to spend with an old friend.

Happy Birthday Jordawn

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun day!

Kristie said...

How fun!! I love the art...always interesting to see the "new Life" from old "stuff"!

Michelle said...

Sounds like it was so much fun! We meet Jason's sisters there from time to time... and the kids always love to watch the glass blower. It is a fun place to relax.

Katie said...

Mmm, now I feel like driving all the way there for a yummy dinner! That chair is so cute!

Crystal said...

What a fun and unique day!

Lindsay said...

I want that chair!! Seriously... maybe I could attempt making one :)

But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners.
Romans 5:8, NL