Wednesday, September 24, 2008

What a day....... week

I have been what they call a hunters widow now for a week and I still have 4 days left, I am going to pull my hair out before my husband returns!!!
I got pulled over right by Rocky heights going 30mph in a school zone that is only
20mph. When the officer asked me for my licence registration and insurance I could not get my licence out then I remembered I don't have a current insurance card in my van but gave it to him anyways. He noticed that my licence had my Umatilla address on it (I have not lived there in 7 years) so he asked me what address was right, we realized he lives 3 houses down from me. As he left to so run my info Nick starts balling that he does not want to go to jail while I'm tyring to calm him down and tell him I am only going to get a ticket the officer came back and said " well its only 10mph over so I not going to make a big deal out of it but... you really need to get your licence updated you only have 30 days to do that and this registration you gave me is outdated too but I'm sure you have a current one somewhere, and you need to get a current proof of insurance. have a nice day and remember to slow down next time." OH THANK you GOD is all I can say!! I could just imagine Ryan coming home after a hunting season that financially wipes us out every year and me telling him I got a ticket for speeding from the neighbor.

My kids are acting out so badly because they miss there daddy so much and its all I can do to not loose my patience and break down in to tears myself. Nick spent the majority of the day in his room, got a brand new toy Knife thrown away (and it is staying there)and got grounded for the day. Whitney showed my pastors wife how loud she could scream and how hard she could kick her legs as we were getting in the van tonight right after she told pastor Dave she was a good girl for mommy, got a spank with the spoon and cried her self to sleep. Now I am sitting here eating a tub of candy corn pumpkins and thinking I need a night away!! hopefully Whitney will not wake up 5 times tonight like she has the last 3 nights. I highly doubt that so I'm off to bed.



To end things on a funnier note may I introduce you to my Naked Schnauzer Cody.
Poor Cody is not kept up the way he should be I am HORRIBLE at getting him groomed so he was a shaggy mess (I forgot to get before pics) so I decided I was just going to totally shave him, (which I am in still in the middle of) that is what they did to my moms dog at the groomer yesterday and I know he was Way worse than her.

8 comments:

Michelle said...

What you are eperiencing was one of the HARDEST parts of being a home mom for me. the 24/7 all alone is so hard. I have great levels of respect and empathy for single moms.

Hang in there... take some deep breaths and cry out for help. Maybe it is time for a play date at the park! :)

Love ya!

Lindsay said...

You are not alone!! Continue to LOOK UP and In!! He is there!

... and you are surrounded by those who love you and are praying for you!!

Anonymous said...

Completely understand the hunter's widow situation....not fun! Thank God it's not permanent.

God will give you strength.

Praying you find moments of peace and tranquility during this time.

Katie said...

Oh NO!! Today as I was headed to RH, I was going 35 in a 25 when I noticed the cop sitting there...I practically slammed on my brakes (not like that draws any attention, or anything ;) Thankfully I didn't get pulled over, but I will be going much slower now!!

I hope the worst is behind you and I will be praying!

Love you!

Crystal said...

The ticket thing...been there, done that! I luckily got my proof of current insurance and new tags on my car so I could get out of my ticket. God is looking out for you Nicole, You are such an amazing mother. Remember His love for you as His own and keep giving this to Him. I'll be praying for a peace to settle over your home! Loving you!

Anonymous said...

Oh man Nicole! I am so sorry..... I have been there. I remember when Darrin was pulled over Dylan yelled are you taking my dad to jail? I think that is actually what got Darrin out of a ticket!

Hang in there my friend!!!

Love you!!!

Tiffany said...

Oh my goodness! I can't even imagine how stressfull having your child think your going to jail and screaming at the police!! (it may have helped though! :o) )

And your doggy... that's too funny.

Melissa said...

Wow you are one lucky girl. I dont like the feeling you get when you get pulled over.

Love the dog picture, it made me smile. Miss you!

But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners.
Romans 5:8, NL